NO LATE FEES
NO DUE DATES
Pre-Paid Electricity is as simple as it sounds! It is like putting gas into a car.
Customers pay for electricity before it is used, then use the electricity until the credit is depleted.
Pre-Paid Electricity takes a meter reading at midnight each day, calculates the amount of electricity used, and deducts it from the credit balance. The credit balance is updated around 9AM each day.
|Pre-Paid Electricity||Monthly Billed Electricity|
|After Hour Reconnect||None||$75|
What you need to know
- Members who have an e-mail address and the ability to receive texts will benefit most from this service.
- You will receive e-mail and text updates when the account balance drops below $20.
- If the account balance reaches $0 or below, the meter will automatically disconnect.
- A $5 reconnect fee will be deducted from next payment if account is disconnected.
- Once a payment is made power will be restored; any time day or night.
- The normal $12.50 monthly customer charge will be prorated daily, and you pay the same rate as everyone else.
- The minimum payment that may be made towards a Pre-Paid accounts will be $25.
- A percentage of past due payments will be taken out of each payment until paid in full.
Payments can be made
- Through the
- Online through our website
- Over the phone by using our automated system
- During Lamar Electric business hours, members may come in and make a payment or call and speak with a customer service representative.
To sign up for a Pre-Paid Electricity Account or to switch your account to a Pre-Paid Electricity Account you must visit our office at:
5225 US HWY 82 E Blossom, TX 75416.
Office hours: Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.