Out of Power? Just Text Us!
Texting is FASTER and EASIER to report your outage.
Here is how it works: Contact our office at 903-784-4303, to make sure your cell phone number is updated. *standard text message and data rates apply*
On a computer, follow these steps:
- CLICK HERE to access the Member Login page
- On the Member Login page, enter your email address and a password and click on the Register button
- Read and accept the website’s terms and conditions
- On the Account Verification page, enter your cell phone number and click the Submit button
- A text message will be sent to your cell phone with an account verification code
- Enter the verification code in the applicable web page field and click the Submit button
- To confirm successful completion of registration process, you will receive a text message thanking you for joining the outage texting service. *note: If Lamar Electric does not have your cell phone number on file, you will receive a message to contact us to provide the number.
- You will be directed to a screen listing the account number(s) associated with your cell phone number. On this screen, you’ll find the number to which outages should be texted. Make sure to add this number to your cell phone‘s contacts list so it will be readily available when a power outage occurs. In the instance that you may have multiple accounts with Lamar Electric, you will be provided with instructions on how to set up key word indicators for each account (i.e., home, well, cabin, shop, barn, etc.).
- After entering/verifying your outage information and clicking the “Submit” button, you’ll be all set to text your next power outage to us.
Texting an Outage
Texting your outage to Lamar Electric just requires a few simple steps:
- Open a new text message in your cell phone
- Type “Outage” (without quotes, not case sensitive)
- Enter the outage number provided during the sign up process in the “Send To” field
- Send the message.
For multiple accounts, key word indicators (e.g., home, shop, well, barn, etc.) can be used in the outage report. For example, in the case of a power outage at your barn, you would type “Outage Barn.” If all your accounts are without power, you would type “Outage All”.
Once the text is received and verified by Lamar Electric’s outage management system, you will receive an “Outage Reported Successfully” text message.
Once the outage has been restored, a text confirming the restoral will be sent to you.
If you find you are still without power, it will direct you to call the cooperative with the contact number provided.
As always, you can still report your outage to Lamar Electric by calling 903-784-4303.